Monday, December 14, 2009

My first post!

My daughter has been asking me to start a blog for several months. She is eleven years old and quite persistent ,she set it all up for me pictures and all. I have been busy getting ready for Christmas . I find alot of inspiration on the different blogs Aiken House and Gardens,A Gathering of Thoughts, My Romantic Home and Sugar Pie Farmhouse to name a few. I want to thank Carolyn for being my first follower it was so sweet of her. Today I would like to share a recipe from my late mother-in-law . These are the first cookies I make each Christmas, they are my husbands favourite.


Chocolate Coconut Drops

6 heaping tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1/2 cup of milk
1/2 cup of butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups of sugar
Bring the above ingredients to a rolling boil for 2 minutes.
Add 3 cups of old-fashioned oats and 1 cup of coconut.
Working quickly drop by heaping teaspoons onto waxed paper, let set.

I hope you enjoy these cookies as much as my family does.

3 comments:

Carolyn said...

Thank you for the recipe and for the honorable mention!
Isn't it amazing how much computer ability young children have today.It was also one of my children who set up my blog and encouraged me to start.
Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Take care,
Carolyn

Carolyn said...

Thank you for the kind words and also for the recipe- I will have to make these.
I thought I left a comment yesterday but I must have signed out before publishing I wonder how often I do that!!!
My son starting me off blogging so it is good our children encourage us!
Take care,
Carolyn

FEDERICA said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and for entered my giveaway.
Good luck!
Federica